To submit your application, please complete these steps. Fields marked with a red asterisk (*) are required.
Your email address will be used as your login name allowing you to return to our website to update your profile.
If you are a returning applicant, please sign in or reset your password using the Login button.
. Your Information
How did you hear about us?
1. How did you hear about this position?
2. If Other, please specify:
Other (Specify Source)
3. Have you ever worked for Defence Health in the past?
Defence Health experience
4. Have you been referred to this role by a current Defence Health Employee?
Are you a defence spouse?
1. Are you currently permitted to work in Australia/New Zealand?
Permit to work
2. Pre-employment checks are mandatory for all new employees at Defence Health. New employees will be required to complete a police check, identity check, legal right to work check and employment verification checks. Role specific mandatory checks may also be required based on regulatory and legal requirements. Do you consent to completing these Pre-Employment Checks if successful in your application?
. Resume and Questions
Upload Your Resume
If you haven't done so already, you will need to upload your resume here to be able to submit this application.
Note: You can attach a total of up to 10MB of data. Your resume and all attachments combined must be less than 10MB.
The full time salary for this role is $55,928 (inclusive of superannuation), are you comfortable proceeding on this basis?
Which one of our values appeals to you and why?
How do your skills and experience align to this role?
In one sentence, how would you describe yourself?
Please select which attribute you believe is the most desirable in this position
What does excellent customer service mean to you?
What’s the biggest personal or professional goal you’ve ever achieved?
Why should Defence Health hire you?
What has been your favourite job and why?
What is your current notice period?
Do you have any upcoming holidays in the next 12 months? If you do, when are they planned?
. Work and Education History
. Review and Submit
Recruitment Privacy Statement
- Defence Health is committed to ensuring the privacy of your personal information. The following statement explains how we manage your personal information for the purposes of processing and considering your application for employment.
- Defence Health is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to select the best individual for the job based on appropriate relevant qualifications and experience. For more information on equal opportunity visit the Australian Rights Commissions website: http://www.humanrights.gov.au/.
Standards and Guidelines
Types of information we collect
- We collect personal information provided by you when you apply for a role with us. The types of information we may collect include:
- information from your resume or application form – including your name, address, contact details (such as phone numbers and email addresses), skills and other employment history details;
- academic transcripts or qualifications;
- referee details as provided;
- information collected during the interview process;
- other miscellaneous information that is disclosed by you;
- pre- employment check information; and
- prior injuries that may affect the inherent requirements of the role.
- We usually collect this information directly from you, through the Defence Health careers website, from referees, or indirectly through recruitment agencies.
- Sensitive information is a special category of personal information. It is information about your ethnic origin, political opinion; membership of political association or religious beliefs, affiliations or philosophical beliefs; membership of professional or trade association or membership of trade union; sexual preferences or practices; criminal record; health or disability. Sensitive information can, in most cases, only be disclosed with your consent. If we do have to collect sensitive information, we will do so in accordance with the Australian Privacy Principles.
How this information is used
- The personal information you provide to us for the purposes of your application will be used by our recruitment team during the course of the recruitment and selection process.
- We may distribute this information internally to the relevant Defence Health staff who are involved in the particular recruitment activity.
- We may disclose your personal and sensitive information to your referees and other persons you nominate or mention in your application.
- We will not disclose your personal information to a third party without your consent, except as provided by this statement or otherwise required by law.
How this information is stored and for how long
- Once the recruitment and selection process is complete your information will be held and stored in a secure location.
- If you are the successful applicant your information will be retained on your personnel file.
- If you are an unsuccessful applicant your information will be retained for a period of twelve months after which time your information will be destroyed.
Updating or correcting your personal information
- We take all reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information is accurate, complete and up to date. To assist us, please contact our recruitment team if any of the details you provided have changed.
How to make a complaint
- If you believe that information we hold about you is incorrect, or if you have concerns about how we are handling your personal information, please contact us and we will make all reasonable efforts to correct your information.
- If you wish to seek access to, or request correction of the personal information we hold about you, please contact us.
- If you would like further information about how we handle your personal information during the recruitment process, please contact a member of our recruitment team on 03 8679 1132.
In submitting your application you are agreeing to your personal information being used as outlined in the above statement.